McCray Optical Supply has been a leader in the optical industry for thirty years, and it has since become Canada’s largest supplier of optical tools, accessories, laboratory supplies and consumer eyewear products. With McCray, WIMTACH completed three projects:
- Automate the process of analyzing lenses so that they can be organized and manufactured at a faster rate.
- Develop a digital lens clock capable of measuring the dioptric power and reflective index of different size/material lenses.
- Develop an iOS and Android app that uses augmented reality (AR) and image processing to automate the measurement process. .
- Technology Access Centre (TAC)
- College Voucher Technology Acccess (CVTA) program
- Improved automation process
- Digital lens clock prototype
- iOS and Android mobile application
- Web application
- Mobile application
- Software design
- Mechanical engineering and design
- Applied Research (commercialization and technology development) – concept design x 2, benchmarking, product development, prototyping x 2, technical support, market intelligence, market expansion
- Funding acquisition – non-dilutive funding